Sunday, July 1, 2012

Master bathtub

I have been looking for a cast iron clawfoot tub for the master bath but didn't want to spenda ton of money for one that I would probably have to have reglazed anyhow.  After showing our friend Brad Hepler the house and discussing which stone we wanted from his quarry, I mentioned that I was looking for a tub.  It just so happened that a friend of his had just pulled out a vintage clawfoot tub that was in need of a little TLC.  I was able to get the tub for the price of a case of beer and contacted a company in Scranton that quoted me for reglazing it.  The tub has a stamp on the bottom of it that says, "Built Nov. 7. 1923 U.S."  I was so excited to add this piece to our antique vanity and hutch that will be in the bathroom as well.  Here is a picture of the tub, pre-glazing:

No comments:

Post a Comment